Adult Learning at Austin Peay
Congratulations on taking the first step to becoming a Gov!
As a member of the Coalition of Adult Learning Focused Institutions (ALFI), Austin Peay State University is a great place to return to complete your degree. We offer smaller class sizes with increased professor interaction and more engagement opportunities both in and out of the classroom.
To become a student at APSU complete the following steps. Keep in mind, this information applies to applicants who are over the age of 21. If you are a veteran or member of the armed services, please visit our Military/Veterans Admission page.
Steps to becoming a Gov:
- Complete your online application
- Pay a one-time, non-refundable $25 fee when completing your application. This may be paid online when submitting your application, through the mail, or in person at the Cashier's Window in the Ellington Building (if completing a paper application). Checks should be made out to APSU. Application fees are paid online only when completing an online admissions application.
- Complete a placement exam through our testing center. The ACCUPLACER exam can be taken at main campus or our Ft. Campbell campus and is free the first time you test. You can sign up for this exam online through the testing center website.
- Request for your high school transcript or GED/HiSET scores to be sent to our Office of Admissions. Transcripts and test scores must be officially sent to be used for admission purposes. We cannot accept hand-delivered transcripts, special education diplomas or high school certificates.
- If you have taken college courses we will need your official high school transcripts as well. To see how credits will transfer, please visit our transfer equivalency page.
- Additional Requirements- beyond the above required documents, there may be other documents needed prior to enrollment at Austin Peay. For a more in-depth application checklist visit here.
- To view our admission requirements please visit here.