Why does the Phonathon exist?
- Austin Peay State University believes that it is very important to stay connected with all of our alumni. Because of the Phonathon program, we are able to keep all of our contact information up to date to ensure that our alumni are always involved in what’s going on campus. The Phonathon program also allows the University the opportunity to raise funds for several different designations on campus that include scholarship opportunities, campus expansions, and upgraded technology.
When should I expect a call?
- Our excited student callers reach out to our alumni twice a year. You should receive a call in the middle of the fall and spring semester each school year. Calling times vary throughout the call period.
Why am I called so often?
- Each time our callers are unable to reach an alumnus, their phone number is recycled back into our calling pool, and you may receive another call within the next few days. We encourage our alumni to complete their call with a short, 2 minute, conversation with a student caller to avoid a repeat call. This is a great opportunity to update your contact information.
Why am I asked for my credit card information over the phone?
- Donations given via credit card are extremely helpful for the University. These donations save time by removing the need to mail in your donation. They also help save money on postage, allowing us to use this money to enhance the University in other ways. For the security of our alumni, all of the credit card information is protected and is never saved, therefore, you will be asked your credit card information every time you give a donation to the University. Help the University go green by joining the other 150 alumni who give through credit cards each semester. If giving with a credit card is not something you are interested in, we will be happy to mail your specified pledge card to your address on file.
Is my donation tax-deductible
- All donations made to the University are tax deductible. With every donation collected, our alumni receive a thank you letter along with their tax-deductible receipt in the mail.