1) Single Image
2) Group of Images Showing a Process - multiple images put together or modified to explain something, such as one might see in a textbook graphic and may include text.
Submissions will be judged on quality and creativity from a scientific, technical and artistic perspective. Images that have been manipulated for artistic effect are acceptable but not required.
First, second, and third prizes will be awarded in each category along with 5 overall honorable mentions. Prize money will be as follows: 1St Prize $200, 2nd Prize $100, 3rd Prize $50, Honorable Mention $20
1) Submit digital images as JPG files which have been captured and saved at the highest resolution possible (150-300 pixels per each is optimal) as winning entries will be printed as large as 23 x 33 inches. Attach file to an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your contest image has been digitally retouched or manipulated please also submit the original image.
2) In the Subject Line of the email indicate:
- Category (Single Image or Group of Images)
- Your A#
3) In the Body of the email include the following information:
- Your name
- Name/description of specimen, structure or process in the image(s).
- Type of microscopy
1) Participants MUST be enrolled in a science course during Fall Semester 2016, Main Campus or Ft. Campbell Center.
2) Limit 3 submissions per student.
3) Submission(s) must be received by December 31st, 2016.
4) Images modified for artistic effect are acceptable but include your original image in submission email.
All submissions become the property of the Department of Biology and may be used on the Biology Website or other official display items. Credit will be given to photographer in any reproduction of submitted photographs.