REQUIRED TRAINING FOR NEWLY HIRED GRADUATE ASSISTANTS
- All GRADUATE ASSISTANTS (GTA, GRA, GAA) must complete Part 1 and Part 2.
- All Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTA) who will be working in a classroom setting (on-ground or on-line) must complete PART 1, PART 2 and PART 3.
PART 1. HR Training - Required for ALL Graduate Assistants
Instructions can be found by clicking on the titles below, but you will not have access to the training until you receive an email from the Human Resources department.
- FERPA, Gramm-Leach Bliley Act, PCI-DSS, Identity Theft, Security Awareness, Non-Discrimination/Harassment (complete all modules)
- HAVEN Training
PART 2. Office of Disability Services Presentation - Required for ALL Graduate Assistants: Click here to view the presentation.
PART 3. Required for Graduate Teaching Assistants Only
All classroom graduate teaching assistants (GTA's), whether working on-ground or online, must complete the online GTA orientation. This training consists of tutorials found at LinkedIn Learning and the Accessible Syllabus Training Series offered by Distance Education. This will take approximately 5-6 hours of your time, so be sure to plan accordingly. Please complete all parts of the training by Friday, January 11, 2019.
- LinkedIn Learning Training: Complete the COGS GTA Training playlist found at LinkedIn Learning. Follow the instructions
below to access and complete the training.
Updated instructions coming soon!
- ACCESSIBLE SYLLABUS TRAINING SERIES: Complete the Accessible Syllabus Training Series provided by Distance Education.
ORIENTATION/TRAINING CHECKLIST: ALL newly hired GA's (GTA, GRA, GAA) should complete and submit this form to their GA supervisors during their first week of work as graduate assistants.
NEW HIRE PAPERWORK SESSION: (Returning GA's do not need to attend!)
In order to be placed on APSU's payroll and receive your stipend, you must attend a session to complete hiring paperwork. Due to space limitations, advance registration is required. Be sure to bring your Social Security card and original documents for completion of the Form I-9 (see page 3 for acceptable documents) with you to the session. International students should only register for one of the designated sessions offered during the week of August 20th and are not required to bring Social Security cards or other documentation, as they will complete the Form I-9 at a later date. If you have registered and need to change to a different session, please register for the new session and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so your name can be removed from the original roster.
Additional Information for graduate assistants: