Austin Peay State University established the Military Student Center in 2010 to better serve the needs of the veterans, active duty, reservist, national guardsmen, retirees, ROTC students, and family members that attend the university. The center has a computer center, a lounge, and dining area to allow students to either work on homework or to relax and unwind from the day surrounded by fellow like-minded students. The Center offers programs throughout the academic year to address the unique challenges our student population faces. One such program is the Texts for Vets program; which relies on textbook donations to provide textbooks to students free of charge. We are available every week day that the school is open to assist students in the Morgan University Center (MUC) Room 120; located behind the Post Office. Please come in and visit us, our Fall and Spring semester hours are:
Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 6:00pm
Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
****The center is open to all students, no military affiliation is required.****
The Military Student Center Provides:
- A computer lab with online access and a printer.
- A lounge to unwind and relax.
- A dining area to eat, study, or talk with your peers.
- Programs throughout the academic year that address unique challenges facing our student population.
- Texts for Vets relies on student donated textbooks to allow us to loan textbook for fellow students, free of charge.
- Tech for Vets assists APSU students by loaning graphing calculators and “clickers” to them, free of charge.
- Peer Tutoring: Staff may assist upon request if experienced in subject matter.
- Events include educational, informational, and family-oriented programming throughout the year.
THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO SERVED AND THOSE WHO SACRIFICED.