Theme: Piano12 = 48
June 24-28, 2019
Spend a week with other piano students and embrace your love for the piano! The Piano Camp is designed for piano students who study privately and would like to connect with and be inspired by fellow piano students. The daily schedule will include master-class type lessons with APSU faculty, small ensemble coaching, musical explorations such as composition and musicianship training, movement/dance sessions, and presentations of various music related topics.
Piano students with at least one year of piano instruction are welcome to register. Students must be able to read both clefs fluently and must be able to play hands together.
New this year!
Late intermediate/early advanced students are eligible. The winner will perform the solo part of a piano concerto. Other camp participants will be accompanying the soloist. Students interested to compete, will receive the repertoire upon registration.
Enroll in Individual Lessons with one of our APSU Faculty
Any student may optionally register for individual lessons with our APSU faculty. Students may have lessons on their current solo repertoire studied and even have an opportunity to perform their solo repertoire during the camp.
Music/Mass Communications building on the campus of Austin Peay State University (corner of 8th street and Marion).
June 24-28, 2019 @ 9am – 3:30pm.
Online Registration is now open for 2019! Click here to register.
- Complete the online registration
Registration Fee (due with application):
- $125 early bird by April 30 ($175 afterwards).
- Students will provide their own sack lunch, light snacks will be available.
- Siblings: $100 early bird by April 30 ($150 afterwards).
- Optional $25.00 (camp discount): One individual lesson with our APSU faculty
Registration deadline: May 31, 2019
Late registrations will be accepted until 2 weeks prior to camp, but there is a likelihood that your child may not receive a camp T-shirt.
- Submit a brief list of pieces played within the last year and/or current repertoire/lesson books being used.
- Know whether your child is interested in participating in Composition or Musical Explorations.
After your application materials have been received, you will receive a confirmation email.
By June 1, participants will receive repertoire selections, a welcome package which will include when and where to come, what to bring, a map, a sample schedule, and all other information needed for your participation.
Space is limited and is reserved on a first-come-first-served basis! Please enroll soon to reserve your child’s spot. We are looking forward for your child to be there!
Austin Peay Piano Faculty
- Simone Parker, Camp Director, Adjunct Faculty of Intro to Theory, Piano, Accompanying, Alexander Technique
- Jan Corrothers, Staff Accompanist
- Anne Glass, Professor of Piano, Class Piano, Accompanying
- Patricia Halbeck, Professor of Piano, Piano Pedagogy, Class Piano
- Jeffrey Wood, Professor of Composition, Music Theory, Piano
- Lydia Schoonover, Adjunct Faculty of Piano, Accompanying
- Jared Wilson, Adjunct Faculty of Music Theory, Organ and Piano
- Matt McNeill, Accompanist
- APSU Music Students
Daily Schedule Overview
- Arrival/Welcome Activities and Games
- Warm ups
- Rehearsals and Practice Time/Rhythm and Movement
- Musical Exploration/Composition
- Outside Walk and Constructive Rest
- Organ and Harpsichord Session
- Ensemble Rehearsal
The piano camp will conclude on Friday with a performance for parents followed by a reception.
We are looking forward for you to be there!
Simone Parker, Piano Camp Director