Foy Fitness & Recreation Center Facilities
Monday - Thursday 6 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday 6 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Sunday 4 - 9 p.m.
The Foy Fitness & Recreation Center will be closed on Sep. 4 for Labor Day.
Named in honor of John Foy (APSU donor and alumnus, class of 1964), this $11 million state-of-the-art recreation center is the home of University Recreation. This 78,000 square foot structure features:
** CLOSED DURING SUMMER SEMESTERS **
Hours of Operation
Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
*Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED*In the case that there is a special event on the weekend (home games, Foy events, etc.), Courtside Café will be open.
Named in honor of Andrew "Drew" Simmons, the late Director of Intramural Recreation, the hub for fitness activities is the 10,000 square foot fitness center. This state-of-the-art space features:
- 44 cardio stations, including treadmills, elliptical trainers, upright and recumbent cycles, step mills, Jacob's Ladder
- 8 cardio stations and LifeFitness pin-selected cable station that is wheelchair accessible.
- 32 pin-selected resistance exercise stations
- 16 plate-loaded resistance exercise stations
- 12 free weight stations, flat and adjustable benches
- 2 tons of dumbbells ranging from 5 to 110 pounds
- 5 tons of free weights
- a designated area for body-weight and functional exercises with mats, fitness balls, medicine balls and plyometric boxes
Help us take care of each other and the facility by abiding by the following common
• Wear appropriate attire.
• Wipe equipment after use.
• Control your weights.
• Share - let others work in.
• Re-rack your weights.
• Put accessories back.
• Use a spotter.
• Secure your personal items in the lockers provided.
Fitness Center Policies
In order to minimize the risk of disease transmission as well as extend the life of our equipment, participants in the fitness center are required to abide by the following:
- Heavy materials, such as denim, khaki, canvas and military fatigues are prohibited.
- Garments with metal rivets, buttons, belts, or exposed zippers are prohibited.
- Closed-toe, athletic, fitness shoes are required. Athletic sandals, hiking boots, and water footwear are inappropriate for this area.
This list is not all-inclusive; for a more detailed description of requirements, see the University Recreation dress code.
Bags and Possessions Policy
To help prevent equipment theft and tripping hazards, personal items such as gym bags, duffle bags, backpacks, drawstring bags, etc. MUST be placed in lockers or cubbies. Free daily locker rentals are available at the equipment checkout desk. Lockers can also be rented semesterly for a small fee. Cubbies are located at the front of the fitness area.
As a service to our patrons, University Recreation has a wide variety of fitness and sports equipment available for checkout. Only patrons with a current APSU ID card will be permitted to checkout equipment.
- Patron requests equipment at the Equipment Checkout Desk while presenting a valid APSU ID card to the staff.
- The patron signs the form, agreeing return the equipment before the close of business and to pay repair/replacement costs should anything happen to the equipment while in the participant's care.
- Equipment shall be returned before the close of business each day.
- Payment for late, repair or replacement fees may be made at the Foy Fitness & Recreation Center service desk.
rackets & birdies
men's & women's
boards & bean bags
hybrid ($5 each/day)
|cycling seat pads||dodgeballs||climbing
harness, shoes, helmet
|heart rate monitors||Frisbees||footballs||pinnies|
|jump ropes||kick balls||racquetball
racquets, balls, goggles
flip & electronic
paddles, balls, nets
mitts, balls, bases
rackets & balls
balls, outdoor kits
balls & nets
What happens if equipment is turned in late, damaged or not at all?
Unless prior arrangements have been made and noted appropriately on the Equipment Checkout form, a late fee of $3 per day may be assessed.
A patron may be charged the cost of repair (labor and materials as applicable) plus an amount for to cover the administrative time in securing the repairs.
A patron may be charged the replacement cost for the equipment, including shipping and administrative time for ordering and processing.
Consequences for non-payment
Failure to pay assessed late/repair/replacement fees may result in a hold being placed on the patron's University account. A hold may affect registration, validation and requests for transcripts. Additionally, University Recreation access privileges may be suspended or revoked.
Stop by to play a pick-up game! When not scheduled for other activities, gym courts and racquetball courts are open for informal drop-in play.
Valid University Recreation patrons may access facilities and services with their APSU Govs ID card. Patrons are asked to enter through the front to assist with our secure operations. Doors labeled as emergency exits will sound an alarm when opened without permission.
Sharing of IDs is prohibited. University Recreation reserves the right to refuse access to anyone found assisting unauthorized access.
University Recreation facilities are generally open for use seven days a week regardless of inclement weather. All of the facilities may be forced to close if directly impacted by the weather.
- If classes are operating on a delayed schedule, the Foy Fitness & Recreation Center will open at 10 a.m.
- If classes are canceled, the Foy Fitness & Recreation Center will generally open at 11 a.m., unless conditions are too severe.
- Formal programs such as group fitness, intramurals, club sports, etc. may be canceled or postponed due to playing conditions and instructor travel.