TN Reconnect Eligibility
Must complete the TN Reconnect Grant application through TSAC and be determined eligible for the program.Please refer to TSAC's TN Reconnect application steps. (Note: it is best to apply for Admission as early as possible, as some other scholarships are first-come, first-served.)
- Create a login on the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC) portal here: https://clipslink.tsac.tn.gov/studentsignon/
- Once you have created an account, Select “Apply for Scholarships” on the TSAC portal, and then choose “Tennessee Reconnect.”
- Fill out the application and submit it.
- Your personalized Reconnect Success Plan will be generated. Make sure you review it and print it out or save it to your computer.
ATTENTION: Mobile devices and Macs are not fully supported. To create an account and/or submit an online application, use a laptop or desktop computer with Internet Explorer (Version 6 minimum).
Although the Tennessee Reconnect Grant is considered a last dollar award, it does not pay last dollar when utilized at a four-year institution. The grant only covers the average state community college costs of tuition and mandatory fees not met by gift aid from the Pell, TELS (including the HOPE scholarship, Access Grant, Aspire Scholarship, etc.) or TSAA programs.
- If a student’s gift aid amounts exceed the average community college tuition and mandatory fees, the student will not be eligible for a Tennessee Reconnect Grant payment at APSU.
- To estimate your potential Tennessee Reconnect Grant amount, use our Estimated TN Reconnect Calculator.
A student participating in the Tennessee Reconnect Grant program shall participate in a College Success Program. This program is completed annually as part of the application process. The annual requirement ensures update of success plan information and connects a student to available institution and Tennessee Reconnect Community resources.
- Cannot have previously earned an associate or baccalaureate degree at any institution.
- Must have a valid FAFSA dependency status of Independent.
- Must be admitted to APSU seeking an associate’s degree. Students participating in athletics must declare a Bachelor’s degree, per NCAA regulations, and are not eligible for the Tennessee Reconnect Grant.
- Must be enrolled and attending at least part-time (6 credit hours or more).
- 3000 and 4000 level courses may count towards the part-time eligibility requirement if the courses fulfill elective requirements for a student’s associate degree.
- If a student’s electives are met, 3000 and 4000 level courses do not count towards Reconnect Grant enrollment and are not eligible for payment under the program.
- Comply with United States Selective Service System requirements for registration, if such requirements are applicable to the student.
- Be in compliance with federal drug-free rules and laws for receiving financial assistance.
- Not be in default on a federal Title IV educational loan or Tennessee educational loan.
- Must not owe a refund on a federal Title IV student financial aid program or a Tennessee student financial aid program.
- Must not be incarcerated.
- This scholarship may be used for up to five years since initial enrollment as a TN Reconnect student or until completion of an associate degree or certificate, provided continuing eligibility is met.
When you read sociology, it’s taking care of people, it’s finding what’s going on in that environment. When you’re in the Army, you look at bringing people to our side, which we call ‘Hearts and Minds.’In sociology, you try to do the same thing. We try to find what the solution is, how to rectify that and start building a better foundation, a society or culture.
I did all my research, and Austin Peay was the only one reasonable for me to continue my education. I looked at Austin Peay and thought, ‘This is the school I’m graduating from.’
I’m used to structure, and it’s hard to see sometimes some stuff that just gets, ‘Oh, don’t worry about it. I’m still trying to learn all the stuff; it takes time for me to get out of my comfort zone.