Miller SGA Emergency Loan Fund Criteria and Application
Miller/SGA Emergency Loan Fund
The Miller/SGA Emergency Loan Fund is designed to provide students currently enrolled
at Austin Peay State University access to emergency aid when needed. All students
who desire and are granted permission to emergency loans are required to pay back
the loan amount. Since the Miller/SGA Emergency Loan Fund is a revolving account,
as previously loaned money is paid back into the account, it becomes available to
be loaned again.
Miller SGA Emergency Loan Fund Application
- The Miller/SGA Emergency Loan Fund is specifically earmarked to cover emergency situations which might arise with students. Examples include: (a) rent evictions; (b) fires; (c) utility disconnections; (d) transportation needs (car payments and insurance do not apply); (e) child care; (f) food.
- The loans shall be used to make one-time short term no-interest loans.
- The student must provide documented proof of need (whenever possible), i.e., eviction notices, utility disconnection notice, etc. The documentation must be in the student’s name.
- The usual maximum amount of the loan is $250.00. Exceptions may be made only by the Dean of Students or his/her designee.
- The student must be currently enrolled as a full-time student. Student may be classified as either undergraduate or graduate.
- The Miller/SGA Emergency Loans may be issued the first day of class for each semester in which a student is enrolled.
- No additional loans will be made if a student has a previous unpaid loan(s).
- The student must have verifiable means of repayment within sixty (60) days of the loan. A University work-study, overage check or some other form of remuneration is acceptable.
- Full-time employees of Austin Peay State University are not eligible to receive loans.
10. The student may not receive grades or transcripts with an outstanding balance.
- A loan application may be picked up from the Office of Student Affairs or can be found online here.
- Students will need to schedule an appointment with the Dean of Students or his/her designee to process the loan application.
- Information will be verified as deemed necessary, including expected financial aid award and/or employment.
- Decision to approve or disapprove loans is made by the Dean of Students or his/her designee based on documentation provided by the student.
- If approved for a Miller/SGA Emergency Loan, the loan application is completed and signed by the student.
- A copy of the loan application is given to the student and one copy is taken by the student to the cashier’s window in the Browning Building for the loan distribution.
- One copy of the loan application is maintained by the Dean of Students or his/her designee.
- Payments on the Miller/SGA Emergency Loan are made at the cashier’s window in the Browning Building.
- A receipt for payment will be issued to the student by personnel at the cashier’s window.
- Full repayment of the loan must be made within sixty (60) days of loan disbursement. In no case shall the repayment period extend beyond the end of the semester in which the loan is made.
- Failure to repay the loan in full will result in a HOLD being placed on any future financial aid distribution, scholarships, work study, or transcripts.
- Failure to repay the loan will result in student not being able to graduate, transfer,
officially withdraw, or be readmitted to Austin Peay State University.