Information about parking for campus tours
Individual Campus Tours
As with any campus, parking is sometimes a little challenging. To make it easier, please be sure to follow these easy guidelines:
- Parking Pass. Either print it from the tour reservation or from the confirmation email. If you don't have one, please be sure to ask at the lobby.
- Your Car. Please put the parking pass on the center of the dashboard. Be sure that it shows it if you use a window shade in your car. Please lock your car!
- Parking Areas. Park in spaces designated "Visitors" on Drane Street or in a parking lot that is coded black (on College Street).
Group Campus Tours
Whether traveling in vans or buses, Austin Peay wants to make your group tour go as smoothly as possible. Please follow these simple guidelines:
- Bus parking. Buses should have students exit the bus on Drane Street in front of the Ellington Building. Please note that this is a narrow road, so it is helpful to have students prepared to disembark and for the bus to pull to the side as much as possible. After unloading, buses are asked to park at the Pettus Lot, straight down Drane Street from the Ellington Building. Please see the map below.
- Van parking. Vans are strongly encouraged to park in the Pettus Lot due to the limited number of visitor spaces. If parking is available in the "Visitor" spaces on Drane Street, please obtain a parking pass from the Ellington Lobby before the tour begins. Parking passes should be clearly visible on the center of the dashboard to avoid ticketing.