ABOUT THE COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
In 1929, the University began as Austin Peay Normal School when it was created as a two-year junior college and teacher-training institution. University status was conferred on the institution by the State Board of Education in 1967. The University is named in honor of Austin Peay, who served as governor of Tennessee between 1923 and 1927.
In 1947, the College began as a department for educators who wanted to teach business. The College became the School of Business in 1968. In 1979, the Bachelor of Business Administration degree was approved as a replacement for traditional B.A. and B.S. degrees in various fields of business. In 1987, the School of Business became the College of Business.
Today, the College of Business offers programs in four primary disciplines at the undergraduate level that prepare students for careers in business. Students can earn the Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting, Finance, Marketing, or Management.