Diverse Populations Resources
Career Services at Austin Peay strives to serve all students no matter race, color, creed, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation/gender identity, religion, age, disability status, and/or veteran status. We have provided additional links below to assist in your career development and job search journey. Please note that we are not responsible for the content of linked websites.
- Guide to Federal Employment: www.gogovernment.org
- US Department of Labor: Veteran's Employment & Training Service: www.dol.gov/vets/
- Vet Jobs: www.vetjobs.com
- GI Jobs: www.gijobs.com
- US Department of VA: www.vba.va.gov/bln/vre
- Transition Online: www.taonline.com
- Connect Vets: www.connectvets.org
- Soldier for Life-Transition Assistance Program: www.acap.army.mil
- Military.com Job Search Portal: www.military.com/veteran-jobs
- CareerOneStop: www.careeronestop.com
- ACP Career Counseling & Mentorship: www.acp-usa.org
- America's Debt Help Organization: www.debt.org/veterans/
- US Department of VA (eBenefits): www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/jobs
- Silent Professionals Job Directory: www.silentprofessionals.org/
- USA Jobs: www.usajobs.gov/
- Campbell Strong Workforce Partnership: fortcampbellstrong.org
Out for Work – National career fair and conference for LGBT job seekers, connecting them to LGBT- friendly employers.
LGBTQ+ Resource Guide – A resource guide to help you navigate the corporate landscape as a member of the LGBTQ+ community.
Out Professionals – Leading gay and lesbian professional networking site.
TJOBANK.com – Informational resource for transgender-friendly employment.
Students of Color and Women
Diversity Inc. – An online magazine that provides news, job search resources and commentary on the role of diversity in strengthening the corporate bottom line.
Diversity Employers – Publication offering a job board with career opportunities that specifically target new college graduates of diverse backgrounds in every industry nationwide.
Advancing Women – Provides resources and job boards for women and minority applicants seeking careers in education, the engineering and manufacturing industries, as well as technology, biotech, medical, financial, government and the defense/security industry.
Women For Hire – Company devoted to a comprehensive array of recruitment services for women, offering online career fairs, inspiring speeches and seminars, and customized marketing programs.
Students with Disabilities
EntryPoint! – Provides internship opportunities for students with disabilities who are majoring in science, engineering, mathematics, computer science, and some fields of business.
recruitABILITY – Provides online, targeted recruiting that connects proactive employers with job seekers with a disability.
AC Online – Support, Advocacy, and Assistive Technology to facilitate the transition to Higher Education.
Career Guide for Students with Disabilities – Focuses on pre & post graduation college-to-career strategies.
InternationalStudent.com – Resources and advice for all aspects of international student life in the U.S. as well as study and living abroad resources.
MyVisaJobs.com – A visa job information portal with job search resources.
U.S. Department of Labor Foreign Certification Disclosure Data – A searchable database of employers who have applied to hire foreign workers.