Consortium Agreement Student Information
If you are interested in enrolling simultaneously at APSU and another eligible post-secondary institution, a consortium agreement may be used. Using a consortium agreement combines the hours at both institutions for financial aid purposes.
APSU as the Home Institution
- Read Consortium Policies.
- If, after reading the policies, you want to complete a consortium agreement, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Consortium Agreement Form Processing Steps. Allow time for processing by two schools and three offices (minimum of 2-3 weeks).
- Read and complete Page 1 of the Consortium Agreement Form and submit to the Financial Aid Office of your host school (The other school that you are planning to attend).
- Once the Financial Aid Office at the host school receives the form, they will complete their section as soon as possible. They will send the form to the APSU Office of Student Financial.
- Once APSU receives the form, it is forwarded to the Office of the Registrar for course approval. The Registrar verifies the classes are applicable to your degree at APSU.
- The Financial Aid Office verifies all required paperwork has been submitted, determine the amounts to be used in the cost of attendance, and award applicable aid for the term the student will attend at the host school.
- The Consortium Agreement will take time to process. It is the student’s responsibility to work out payment arrangements with the host school. A payment will likely not be credited to your APSU account before fee payment deadline at the host school.
- APSU disburses funds according to our disbursement schedule. If the term has begun, your refund is normally within 7-10 business days after final receipt of the completed documents.
- An e-mail will be sent to your Austin Peay email account when your consortium is complete.
APSU as the Host Institution
- Consortium Agreement Form Processing Steps. Allow time for processing by two schools (minimum of 2-3 weeks).
- Student applies and is admitted to APSU as a transient student.
- Student contacts the home institution to complete the Consortium Agreement.
- The Consortium Agreement is forwarded to APSU in order for the host section to be completed.
- APSU completes the Consortium Agreement and sends it to the student's home institution.
- Payment. Make payment arrangements with APSU and confirm your courses.
- As the host institution, we will defer fees up to the amount of funds the other school has confirmed the student will receive. Students must contact their home institution to request an email be sent to the Office of Student Financial Aid (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating the amount of aid the student will receive.