Go back

Financial Aid for Transfer Students

Transferring in to Austin Peay State University? Welcome! Here you will find all the Financial Aid information you will need.

Check out the Financial Aid Process page for more general Financial Aid information.

  • Already completed the FAFSA?
    • If so, you will need to log into your FAFSA and add Austin Peay State University to your application (APSU school code 003478). Make sure you submit, not just save, the correction to your FAFSA. 
    • If not, go ahead and complete a FAFSA so that we can determine your eligibility for Financial Aid. 
  • If your FAFSA application was selected for Verification and you were required to submit additional documentation to your previous institution's Financial Aid office, you will also need to submit documentation to our office after you have added APSU to your FAFSA.
  • If you received TN Lottery Scholarships or Grants at your previous institution, you will need to complete a TSAC Student Portal Electronic Change of Institution Request for the State of TN. This must be completed before APSU can award you any state funds.
    • Students at APSU must be seeking an Associates Degree to be eligible for the TN Promise.
  • The Office of Admissions will award the Academic Transfer Scholarships based on your Application and Transcript information.
  • APSU's online scholarship application offers several scholarships specifically for transfer students. Unfortunately, the 21-22 application closed March 1st, 2021. Be sure to check back in October 2021 for the 22-23 scholarship application to open.
  • Aggregate Loan Limits for Federal Student Loans will not reset upon transferring to a new institution. See our General Loan Information page to review important information and Aggregate Loan Limits for Federal Student Loans.
    • To check your Federal Student Loan usage to date you can log into studentaid.gov with your FSA ID (FAFSA login).
  • Students can only receive a Pell Grant for a maximum of 12 full-time semesters (or equivalent). Please keep in mind that this does not reset when you transfer to a new institution. We will check your eligibility and Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU) once we receive your FAFSA application.
  • It is important to know that any violation of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) at a previous institution will follow you to your new institution since it is a federally regulated process. Review our Satisfactory Academic Progress page for more information and to view our policy.
  • Admission to APSU is required before you can receive any Financial Aid awards. Find specific Admission information for Transfer Students here.