Authorization Form for Title IV Aid
Federal regulations require authorization from the student to use Title IV funds (federal financial aid) to pay prior term charges within the same academic year and current non-educational charges (parking tickets, Health Services, Bookstore charges, etc.). Additionally, the authorization form is used to authorize eligible financial aid to apply toward charges for courses outside your program of study. Without your permission, federal aid will pay only current tuition, fees, dorm room charges and meal plan.
This form is optional and will not prevent awarding and/or disbursement of Financial Aid funds. However, if not authorized, students may not use the APSU Bookstore Debit program or bookstore voucher.
To complete the Title IV Authorization Form online, follow the steps below:
- Log into AP OneStop.
- Select the "Web Self Service" tab.
- Select the "Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs" tab.
- Choose the "Eligibility" option.
- If prompted, choose the Aid Year.
- Under the "Student Requirements" tab select on the "Complete Title IV Authorization Form" link under "Unsatisfied Requirements".
- This requirement will be under "Satisfied Requirements" if already completed. If you would like to change your response to the Title IV Authorization, then select the "Complete Title IV Authorization Form" link and complete these steps again. If you are unable to change your decision, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid so we may reset your form.
- Choose one of the available options and select "Continue."