What is Full Spectrum Learning?
The Full Spectrum Learning (FSL) program, based in the Eriksson College of Education, helps students diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) earn a college degree, transition into the workforce and lead a successful life. The program is tailored to the needs of these individuals, offering class cohorts with other participants, peer and faculty mentors, tutors, study hours and support meeting with FSL staff.
Full Spectrum Learning (FSL) is committed to helping students with Autism Spectrum Disorder embrace lifelong learning so that they can complete their college degree, transition into the workforce, and lead a successful life. By using a student-driven, research-based, and results-oriented method to drive decision-making, we strive to meet the academic, social, and independence needs of all participants. We see the potential in all of our students, and it is our ambition to increase recruitment, retention, and engagement as well as to nurture a culture of awareness and acceptance at APSU.
- Develop students to take self-ownership over their academic, personal, and professional experiences and cultivate an awareness of how to use their resources effectively.
- Create a culture of collaboration and partnership, where everyone is respected and valued.
- Promote campus engagement and community development that fosters an equal opportunity for a successful college experience.
- Support each student as they discover their individual skill set, developing their strengths and helping them to translate them into their professional niche.
- Provide students with a context for developing meaningful relationships and a sense of community through social engagements, involvement in organizations, and professional opportunities.
- Deliver excellence through innovative and responsive practices.
- Provide educational resources, programs, and tools to improve and enhance life skills for those on the Autism Spectrum.
Why Choose Us?
At Austin Peay State University, we see the opportunity to provide support for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), and see the potential they have for independence and a successful life. Full Spectrum Learning's primary purpose is to increase the success of students with ASD in the areas of academics, engagement, and retention at APSU. This will occur by offering multiple services, which focus on independence, academics, and social skills.