University Curriculum Committee
Membership: 23 members
- 3 members from among the vice presidents, deans and directors (or comparable positions) shall be appointed by the President, for terms of three years each with one term expiring each year.
- 7 elected by the full-time faculty from among tenured teaching faculty (including department chairpersons), for terms of three years each with at least two terms to expire each year.
- 1 elected from the current membership of the faculty senate with term of service for one year.
- 2 undergraduate students to serve a term of one year, which must have been in residence for three of the four preceding terms.
- 1 graduate student for a term of one year.
- 3 members shall be appointed by the President from among the full-time tenured teaching faculty (including department chairs) with terms of three years each with one expiring each year.
- Faculty senate appointee from College of Graduate Studies/Graduate Academic Council.
- The Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs shall be a permanent member.
- Vice Provost for Enrollment and Student Achievement & Registrar, Senior Vice Provost and Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, Professional Advising Representative and Chair of the General Education Standing Committee shall serve as non-voting ex officio members.
Description: The committee receives proposed changes in curriculum and makes final recommendations to the President of the University. The Committee may initiate studies of academic and/or curricular concern and make resultant recommendations to the President of the University. It may deliberate and make recommendations relative to curricular and/or academic proposals submitted to it through usual academic offices or by faculty organizations. In addition, the Committee advises on matters which the President may submit to the Committee for its consideration. The General Education Standing Committee shall report to the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs or the University Curriculum Committee. When either the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs or the University Curriculum Committee desires review of CORE courses or CORE issues, this standing committee will be available for this purpose. This committee may convene during the first week of the fall semester and, on rare occasions, may convene electronically during the summer.
|Buzz Hoon||Dean, COAL||CoAL||2022-2025|
|Mickey Hepner||Dean, COB||CoB||2020-2023|
|Allen Barger||Director||BSGS/AS LIBA Program and Student Success||2021-2024|
|Kadi Bliss||Faculty, CoBHS||Health and Human Performance||2022-2025|
|Gregory Hammond||Faculty, CoAL||History||2021-2024|
|Don Nyonna||Faculty, CoB||Finance||2020-2023|
|Margaret Rennerfeldt||Faculty, CoAL||Theatre and Dance||2022-2025|
|Osvaldo Di Paolo||Faculty, CoAL||Languages and Literature||2021-2023**|
|William Rayburn||Faculty, CoBHS||Leadership and Organizational Administration||2022-2025|
|Roxanne Gerbrandt||Faculty, CoBHS||Sociology||2020-2023|
|John Volker||Faculty, CoB||Management and Marketing||2021-2024|
|Benita Bruster||Faculty, CoE||Educational Specialties||2021-2024|
|Nicholas Coleman||Faculty, CoSTEM||Computer Science and Information
|Kristen Butler||Faculty Senate Representative||Nursing||2022-2023|
|Wyatt (Drake) Harris||Graduate Student Representative||COGS/GTA, CoSTEM||2022-2023|
|Nancy KingSanders||Student Achievement||Vice Provost for Enrollment and Student Achievement & Registrar||ex officio|
|Tucker Brown||Academic Affairs||Senior Vice Provost and Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs||ex officio
|Emma Dalton||Undergraduate Student||Student Representative||2022-2023|
|Brooklynn White||Undergraduate Student||Student Representative||2021-2023|
|Jalen Smalls||Graduate Student||Student Representative||2022-2023|
|Kakali Chakrabarti||General Education Standing Committee||General Education Standing Committee Representative||ex officio|
|Dametraus Jaggers||Professional Advising||Student Success Coordinator||ex officio
|Maria Cronley, Chair||Provost/SVPAA||Academic Affairs||permanent member
* Service Term is September through August
** These individuals are completing a term for a previously appointed member.
If you have questions, concerns, or would like more information about the University Curriculum Committee, please contact: