Dual Enrollment Parent/Guardian Authorization
Please read this page in its entirety. Your electronic signature at the bottom of this page is required for your student to be admitted to Austin Peay State University's Dual Enrollment program. Please contact our office at 931-221-7175 or e-mail email@example.com if you have any questions.
Each Dual Enrollment student must provide information regarding their immunization record below. The General Assembly of the State of Tennessee mandates that each public or private postsecondary institution in the state provide information to all students entering the institution for the first time.
Please visit the Boyd Heath Services immunization page for more information.
Financial Concerns and Obligations for Dual Enrollment Students
- Students must submit complete applications for the Tennessee Dual Enrollment Grant (DEG) by posted deadlines through the TSAC Student Portal: https://www.tn.gov/collegepays/tsac-student-portal.
- Students and parents both understand the student must maintain a college GPA of at least 2.00 to continue receiving DEG funding in subsequent dual enrollment semesters.
- Students who do not have a 3.0 high school GPA or 21 ACT composite will only receive a grant award for one dual enrollment course per semester.
- Students taking courses in the same semester with two different institutions will provide any required documentation in order to participate in the consortium agreement between those institutions, which includes having college transcripts sent at the beginning of each semester.
- Textbooks are not covered by APSU or the TN Dual Enrollment Grant. It is the student's responsibility to utilize the Textbook Express tool located in their OneStop Web Self-Service to determine their textbook needs. When in doubt, reach out to your instructor or our office to confirm your textbook needs.
As parent/guardian of the student named below, my signature on this form certifies that I have read and understood the early admission and concurrent (dual/joint enrollment, academically talented) enrollment policies, including:
- Program and course requirements
- Students must maintain an APSU GPA of 2.75 to remain in the dual enrollment program for subsequent semesters while in high school. If their APSU GPA falls below 2.75 and they have a 3.0 high school GPA, they may reapply for admission.
- Financial obligations, lottery grant regulations, discount/waiver eligibility: I understand that I am responsible for the payment of any tuition or fees not covered by the dual enrollment grant. I understand that textbooks are not covered by the dual enrollment grant and will be an out-of-pocket cost if not provided by the student's high school.
- Privacy and confidentiality regulations: Dual Enrollment student information is protected by FERPA. Austin Peay State University and the student's high school may exchange information, but information available to parents is limited. Please see our Student Information page here. Submission of a FERPA form is strongly recommended.
Austin Peay State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability,
age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected
class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by APSU. http://www.apsu.edu/policy.
Policy 6:003 AP90/9-17/250