Graduate Student Professional Development
The Graduate Studies Professional Development program is designed to offer you all the tools you'll need for success in your post-grad career. Over the course you'll learn professional communication, career exploration and preparation, and personal development and self-care.
Master the skills required for graduates and professionals across disciplines. Such skills include communication, networking, etiquette, integrity, and digital literacy.
- Oral & Written (e.g., presentations, meetings, emails, social media)
- Impression management
- Developing your professional brand and narrative
Professional Ethics & Integrity
- Ethics of individual field/professions
- Academic integrity
- Professional Etiquette & Cultural Awareness
- Digital Literacy (Research/Info Literacy)
Teambuilding and teamwork
Career Exploration & Preparation
Take charge of your academic and professional career trajectory. How to find, apply, and compete for your chosen path.
- Doctoral Readiness: Finding & Applying to Programs
- Job Readiness: Finding & Applying to Jobs
- Translating soft & hard skills
- Getting the job
- Teaching & Mentoring
- Research & Data Analysis
- Leadership: Managing Conflict/Group Dynamics, driving organizational culture, leadership skills/development/styles
Personal Development & Self-Care
Balance the demands of professional and personal roles/responsibilities for sustained growth and resilience.
Stress & Mindfulness
- Work-Nonwork Balance
- Coping Strategies (e.g., remote work/stigma, caregiving responsibilities, social injustice, strained support networks, culture and information wars, physical activity and nutrition)
- Building your support network
Time & Project Management for Sanity
- Tools & Techniques
- Prioritizing and Realistic Goal-Setting