Master's Student Research Plans
To meet research literacy and writing requirements for a graduate degree, the student should contact the department chair and/or graduate coordinator to select one of the following Research Plan options (I, II, or III). All students seeking a master’s degree must register for the appropriate research foundations course. Research Plans I, II, and III are as follows:
- Plan I: Research Literacy
- Plan II: Research Project
- Plan III: Field Study, Thesis, Dissertation
For determining which Plan is required for a student obtaining his/her degree, including the specific details of the required Research Plan, the student should contact the department chair and/or graduate coordinator in his/her program of study.
All master's students should complete the following prior to graduation.
- Complete a Graduate Program of Study/Graduate Committee Assignment form (this should be completed in the first semester). Students who were admitted in Spring 2020 and after do not have to complete this step.
- Successfully complete and defend master's thesis prior to graduation.
- Submit a completed signature page to the College of Graduate Studies (for Dean signature) three weeks prior to graduation. This page must be included in the thesis.
- Submit a Verification of Completion Form to the College of Graduate Studies two weeks prior to graduation. Students who were admitted in Spring 2020 and after do not have to complete this step.
- Submit your thesis to ProQuest at least three weeks prior to graduation here.
* All graduate students must check the Registrar's webpage for graduation application deadlines.