Voluntary Term Life Insurance
If you qualify, you can purchase additional Voluntary Term Life Insurance coverage
for yourself, your spouse and children. You, your dependent spouse and children may
enroll in this coverage regardless of whether you enroll in health coverage. Your
spouse may apply for enrollment in this coverage and include a child term rider even
if you do not enroll in this coverage.
- New hires: For employee Guaranteed Issue coverage, you must enroll during the first
30 calendar days of employment. Coverage will become effective on the first day of
the month following completion of three full calendar months of eligible employment.
If coverage is not elected at that time, you may apply during the Annual Enrollment
period by presenting Evidence of Insurability through a health questionnaire.
- You can apply for up to seven times your annual base salary (to a maximum of $500,000)
for yourself and up to a maximum of $30,000 for your spouse ($15,000 for ages 55 and
older). Guaranteed Issue is not available for your spouse. The spouse will be required
to answer health related questions.
- You can also apply for coverage for your children equal to $5,000 or $10,000.
- For more information, visit the Securian Financial (MN Life) Member Handbook
- To apply, go to lifebenefits.com/stateoftn, fill out the Evidence of Insurability form and fax to Securian Financial (Minnesota
If you are currently enrolled and eligible for a Guaranteed Issue increase, information
will be mailed to you prior to the start of the Annual Enrollment Period. If not currently
enrolled, you (and/or your spouse) will be required to present Evidence of Insurability
by answering health related questions. A Child Term Life Insurance rider may be added
to your certificate or your spouse’s certificate without answering any health related
questions for the children.