English Language Proficiency
All international applicants are required to submit official evidence of proficiency in the English language by submitting one of the following:
- Students who have excelled in their studies at APSU’s English Language Institute and meet program requirements for Level 5 Courses may receive a language proficiency score waiver when applying at APSU.
- Students who do not meet the minimum English proficiency requirements can be admitted to the APSU English Language Institute's Intensive English Program, available online and in-person.
- School Code: 1028
- Minimum score of 61 (internet-based exam only)
- TOEFL Essentials Minimum - 6.5
- TOEFL ITP scores not accepted.
- A minimum score of 5.5 is required.
- A minimum score of 85 is required.
- A minimum score of 1051 is required on the GTEC CBT.
- A minimum score of 1067 is required on the unified GTEC.
- A mimimum score of 52 is required.
- Online is also accepted.
- Undergraduate applicants whose entire US-equivalent high school degree, consisting of minimally four years, do not need to submit this evidence.
- Applicants who have taken one full semester of English composition (not developmental or remedial) at an accredited US college or university and received a grade of “C” or better do not need to submit this evidence.
- Applicants whose ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer scores meet the minimum requirement in all placement areas do not have to provide additional evidence with Admissions director approval.
Scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to the university.
Test scores are valid for two years.