International applicants are required to certify that they have sufficient financial resources by submitting an Affidavit of Support with supporting evidence. This form provides evidence you will be able to cover the approximate cost of attending Austin Peay State University for 9 - 12 months, as well as support yourself during this time. This estimate does not include travel expenses. The fees listed on the form for "Living Expenses" are based on on-campus living.
Requirements for Financial Documentation:
- Funds must be "liquid" (such as checking or savings; business accounts can also be used)
- Documents must indicate explicit numerical balance (most current) of the account
- Documents must be dated within the last six months
- Documents must be in English
Examples which ARE acceptable:
- Graduate Assistantship or scholarship letters; original bank letters signed by a bank official; original bank statements issued directly from the bank; liquid investment or stocks accounts.
Examples which ARE NOT acceptable:
- Bank letters without the name of the account holder or account number; bank statements lacking currency amounts; accounts with maturity date in the future; letters which do not specify the availability of at least the minimum amount per year; life insurance policies; payroll reports/expected income; tax statements; retirement accounts.
Affidavit of Support
The affidavit of financial support is a part of the I-20 and DS-2019 requirement; as such, your I-20 or DS-2019 cannot be issued until the form is on file.
If you have a dependent who will be included on your I-20, please add $4,000 per academic year for your spouse and $2,500 per academic year for each child. Spouses of F-1 visa holders are not permitted to work under any circumstances. Spouses of J-1 visa holders may obtain permission to work only for his or her and the children’s support.
Submitting Your Form
The affidavit of financial support and the supporting evidence must be dated within one year of the semester intake date. Documents older than one year are not accepted.