International Graduate Admissions
Basic admission requirements apply to ALL graduate programs. Each program may have additional departmental requirements.
Recommended Application Deadlines
|Fall Semester||July 1st|
|Spring Semester||November 1st|
|Summer Semester||April 1st|
Transfering F-1 Students
|Fall Semester||August 1st|
|Spring Semester||December 1st|
|Summer Semester||May 1st|
These deadlines are applicable for most programs; however, some programs may have program review deadlines prior to these.
Completed Graduate Application: Application Link
U.S. $55.00 Application Fee (in bank draft or US check payable to Austin Peay State University).
Copy of passport biographical page and copy of passport information page for any dependents (spouse, child).
Official copies of all transcripts, certificates, diplomas, and degrees must be translated and evaluated and sent directly to Graduate Admissions.
See list of approved agencies below
Transcript must be evaluated course-by-course with GPA.
APSU requires all international applicants from non-native English-speaking countries to demonstrate English proficiency.
Graduate applicants whose entire US-equivalent undergraduate degree, consisting of minimally three years, do not need to submit this evidence.
Evidence can be provided by submitting results from one of the approved testing agencies: Approved English Proficiency Tests
Students who do not meet the minimum English proficiency requirements can be admitted to the APSU English Language Institute's Intensive English Program.
Financial Support form with proof of resources. All fees are subject to change.
For dependents to be included on the I-20AB, add $4,000 per academic year for your spouse and $2,500 per academic year for each child.
Spouses of F-1 visa holders are not permitted to work under any circumstances.
Spouses of J-1 visa holders may obtain permission to work only for his or her and the children’s support.
The affidavit of financial support and proof of support must be dated no older than one year to the semester intake date. Any documents older than one year are not accepted.
- Admission materials required for your intended graduate program.
Your application will be incomplete until all of the above documents are received.
Additional Admissions Info
- Students must submit proof of immunization and medical insurance before registering for classes.
- If you are a transfer student from another U.S. college, university, or other school, you must provide a photocopy of your I-20 form, I-94, current US Visa page, and passport information page along with the International Student Transfer Verification Form.
- If you would like to defer your admission to a different semester, please complete the Graduate Admission Application Update Form.
Submitting Admission Requirements
Admission requirements can be mailed, emailed, or uploaded online.
- Mailing address:
Austin Peay State University
PO Box 4458
Clarksville, TN 37044
- Email address: email@example.com
- Information about Document Upload
Students must use an evaluation agency to provide official translated and evaluated copies of all transcripts, certificates, diplomas, or degrees. Please have your transcript evaluated course-by-course with GPA for graduate school. Below is a list of approved agencies:
- Spantran, The Evaluation Company - (use this link to get a discount on services)
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc (ECE)
- Foundation for International Services, Inc (FIS)
- American Evaluation Services
- International Education Evaluations (IEE)
- Center for Educational Documentation, Inc (CED)
- The European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS)
- World Education Services (WES)
*Please note: we do not utilize Military One Source.
*Transcripts must be sent directly to Graduate Admissions from the evaluation agency or US institution.
Foreign transcripts that have not been sent directly to Graduate Admissions will not be accepted.