Grant Writing Graduate Certificate
The Department of Leadership offers a 12-hour graduate certificate in Grant Writing.
This online program is designed for professionals who have already earned a Bachelor's degree and would like to earn a graduate credential while building skills in grant writing. The twelve-hour graduate certificate can be earned in as little as two eight-week terms. Completion of this certificate will allow students to transition directly into the Master of Science in Leadership (MSL), if desired. The certificate classes will count as four of the ten courses required for the MSL degree.
Students will complete this 12-hour program by taking four online courses, including
two core courses in grant writing and two elective courses, as outlined below:
Upon completion of the Grant Writing Certificate, students will be able to:
- Understand the elements of a grant proposal
- Research opportunities for potential grant funding for projects relevant to the student’s personal or professional goals
- Communicate effectively with grant funding agencies and foundations
- Critically analyze grant proposals
- Create a professional, competitive grant proposal
- Properly manage grant funds, grant project timelines, and the grant closeout process
To learn more about this program, contact our Graduate Coordinator:
Dr. Kathryn Woods, Associate Professor for Leadership Science