CECA Announces 2019 Ovation Award winners and final program lineup
APSU President Alisa White and the Center of Excellence for the Creative Arts (CECA, or “seek-ah”) invite the entire community to the 2019 Ovation Awards, a family-friendly celebration of the arts.
The 2019 Ovation Awards will take place on Sunday, March 31, from 2-3:30 p.m. in the
George and Sharon Mabry Concert Hall on APSU’s campus. The 2019 Ovation Award winners
will be honored, and a variety of performances and artwork will be presented by groups
from both the community and APSU. The event is free and open to the public and will
be followed by a reception.
The 2019 Ovation Award Winners are:
- Ella Stewart – Young Artist Award, Creative Writing (Clarksville High School)
- Gabriel Robles-Nieles – Young Artist Award, Dance Performance (Clarksville High School)
- Nathaniel Pittman – Young Artist Award, Instrumental Music (Clarksville High School)
- Seth Devine – Young Artist Award, Theatre Performance (Clarksville High School)
- Allana Petsch – Young Artist Award, Vocal Performance (Northeast High School)
- Kathryn Boyer – Young Artist Award, Visual Art (Rossview High School)
- Leigh Averitt – Arts Educator (Kenwood High School Art Teacher)
- Billy Renkl – Individual Artist Award
- Journey’s Eye – Business Award
- Cumberland Winds – Community Award
- Ryan Bowie – George Mabry Award
The program will feature performances and artwork by:
- The Roxy Regional Theatre
- APSU Theatre & Dance students
- APSU Community School of the Arts students
- Classical Steps II School of Classical Dance
- APSU University Choir
- Writer Malcolm Glass
- APSU Art + Design Students
- Madison Street Brass and APSU Brass students and faculty
- APSU Music students
The awards will be presented by CECA Advisory Board members, along with Lt. Gen. Ronald Bailey, APSU vice president for external affairs; Montgomery County Mayor Jim Durrett and Clarksville Mayor Joe Pitts.
The event is sponsored by the CECA Advisory Board, Cumberland Bank & Trust, and the Arts and Heritage Development Council.
For more information, please contact CECA at 931-221-7876 or visit www.apsu.edu/ceca/ovation.