Distance Education partners with several vendors. They often host live or on demand webinars about their tech tool or education and technology in general. This information is being provided for informational purposes only and it does not represent Distance Education or APSU. Please use your best judgment when receiving advice from others. Not all tools provided by a vendor are available through Distance Education.
Webinars are listed alphabetically by tool name. All links will open in a new tab/window.
- Camtasia is a software based video tool that can be used to create and edit videos for tutorials/how-tos/demos,
lessons, presentations, etc. The tool is very robust and has many features. Register on the TechSmith website for one of their monthly "Getting Started with Camtasia" webinars. Distance Education purchases a
limited number of licenses each year. You can request a license by completing this Request Multimedia Software License form. Learn more about Camtasia on Distance Education's website.
- D2L Brightspace, referred to as D2L, is the online classroom environment used for managing your content and students, course assignments, grading, and more. D2L frequently offers live virtual events and posts recordings. Learn more about D2L on Distance Education's website.
- Examity hosts a series of webinars throughout the year designed to provide dynamic and innovative insight into the industry of online proctoring. Get tips from experts in the industry to improve the proctoring experience. You can find more information about Examity on Distance Education's website.
- Honorlock's customer success team offers a webinar series on how to use Honorlock with learning management systems and third-party exams. This includes how to set up and configure your assessments, understanding the student experience, and how to review the proctoring results. Register for upcoming Honorlock webinars. Learn more about Honorlock on Distance Education's website.
- SmarterMeasure is a web-based assessment used in APSU 1000 for measuring student's non-cognitive attributes, technical skills, and readiness for online and self-regulated learning. It is a tool that falls under the SmarterServices umbrella. SmarterServices webinars will allow you to discover tips and techniques to improve your overall skillset in the field of education. Learn more about SmarterMeasure on Distance Education's website.
- Snagit is another software based capture tool. It can be used to create videos with limited editing capabilities. Snagit's strength is in capturing and editing screen captures; this is very helpful in creating quick instructional materials. Register on the TechSmith website for one of their monthly "Getting Started with Snagit" webinars. Distance Education purchases a limited number of licenses each year. You can request a license by completing this Request Multimedia Software License form. Learn more about Snagit on Distance Education's website.
- Turnitin Feedback Studio is a plagiarism detection tool that also allows instructors to provide personalized feedback to students. This helps to uphold academic integrity across the institution. Turnitin offers a variety of events, such as webinars and conferences, to provide valuable insight and information regarding the tool and its use. Please note that these are all the events that Turnitin provides and some may not be consistent with Distance Education's offerings. Learn more on Distance Education's Turnitin webpage.
- Tutor.com is a 24/7, on-demand, 1-to-1 tutoring service offered to both online and on campus students. Tutor.com hosts free trainings and webinars for all its clients. Though this service is geared towards students, faculty is encouraged to take advantage of these webinars so they can learn how to best support students with this service. Visit Tutor.com on Distance Education's website for additional resources.
- Zoom web conferencing allows for one-on-one and group online meetings using video and/or audio. It is used for whiteboarding, polls, groups, chat, and screen sharing. Register on the Zoom website for one of their numerous live webinars covering topics for getting started to a daily Educator's Guide to Teaching Over Zoom. Learn more about Zoom on Distance Education's website.