Go back

Frequently Asked Questions


Can I apply for the CARE Policy?
Answer: Students who have been out of college for a minimum of 2 years may apply for consideration.

How can I apply?
Make an appointment with the Dean in the college of your major. Take copies of your APSU work and any transfer work with you.

How long will it take?
Answer: Turn around time is approximately 7 to 10 business days after the necessary paperwork is received. After processing, a letter of notification will be mailed to your P.O. Box or local address.

I have additional questions regarding the CARE Policy, who can I contact?
Students may contact Transfer Coordinator at 931-221-6448 or email transfer@apsu.edu.


How do I check my midterm grades?
Through AP OneStop. Please note that midterm grades are only required for 1000-2000 level courses.

How can I check to see what my final grades were for the term/semester?
Answer: Students may view their Final Grades through AP OneStop or by requesting an official transcript.

How do I get a copy of my Final Grade Report?
We do not send out Final Grade Reports, however, you may view your Final Grades through AP OneStop.

I got a 'C' in a course and I should have gotten an 'A'. What can I do?
Answer: Contact the instructor of the course. ONLY the instructor has the authority to assign and submit grade changes.

Has my grade been changed?
View your Academic Transcript on AP OneStop to see your new grade. Please contact your instructor if the grade is not updated at least 2 weeks after the instructor submitted the grade change.

How can I raise my GPA?
Repeat any course with a grade of 'F' or 'D'. Assuming that a passing grade will be earned - quality points will be added while quality hours will remain the same. Please remember that the third and all future attempts of a course are calculated in your GPA. Note: The better of the grades is not the final grade. The most recent grade earned will be the final grade. Example: You receive a “D” on the first attempt and an “F” on the second attempt. The “F” will be included in your GPA and the “D” will be excluded.

My GPA is 1.978 and if I round that up it is really a 2.000. Right?
No, a GPA of 1.978 is a GPA of 1.978. A minimum career GPA of 2.000 is required for graduation.

What is my classification?
Students are classified on the basis of total semester hours earned: 0-29 Freshman 30-59 Sophomore 60-89 Junior 90+ Senior

I got a copy of my transcript and grades/classes/degrees are missing or incorrect. Whom do I contact?
Answer: Contact the Office of the Registrar at 931-221-7150 or email registrar@apsu.edu


What is a 'Degree Evaluation'?
A Degree Evaluation is available through AP Self Service. It lists the requirements that you have left in order to complete your degree as well as the requirements that you have completed.

When do I apply for my degree?
The applications for degree are on AP Self Service. You must fill out your application for degree one semester/term prior to your intended graduation. Typically, the deadlines are as follows:

I want to make sure I have everything turned in for Graduation. Who do I contact?
Answer: Please email graduation@apsu.edu or contact one of our Graduation Analysts.

 How do I get a duplicate copy of my diploma?
Answer: Send an email to the Graduation Area at graduation@apsu.edu. There is a $10 fee for the duplicate diploma. Please allow two weeks for processing.

What is the policy concerning participation in the commencement ceremony?
To participate in the December, May or August ceremony all requirements must be completed by the day of commencement in which you are graduating.

I need a letter saying I will graduate in May or I need a letter saying I have graduated.
Answer: Send an email to the Graduation Area at graduation@apsu.edu

Can someone else pick up my diploma?
Answer: Yes, the student will need to email graduation@apsu.edu from their student email and notify in the email who they authorize to pick up their diploma. We will require that the person picking up the diploma show a picture id before we provide it to them.

Questions concerning course substitutions?
Answer: Course substitutions are submitted by your Academic Advisor. If you have further questions, you may send an email to the Graduation Area at graduation@apsu.edu.

Where do I pick up my Diploma?
Answer: You can pick up Diplomas in room 310A, Ellington building. Please have a picture ID ready when you arrive.


I need to check on the status of my loan deferment the lending institution hasn't received.
Contact the Student Services Coordinator at (931) 221-7123 or email registrar@apsu.edu

I need to verify dates of enrollment and/or degree.
Answer: Contact the Student Services Coordinator at (931) 221-7123 or email registrar@apsu.edu


My Advisor is out of town, how may I be cleared for registration?
Answer: You should contact the administrative assistant in the department of your major to schedule an appointment with an advisor.

Who can pre-register?
Answer: Currently enrolled students.

How do you determine first date to register?
Answer: The date is based on earned hours and the information will be located on the Registration Page.

I'm a readmit student, or a readmit from Fort Campbell, can I pre-register?
Yes, after the last day for the currently enrolled students pre-registration.

I'm a transient student, or special, how do I get cleared for registration?
Transient and Special students may get clearance for registration by contacting the Transient Technical Clerk at 931-221-6448 or send an email to transfer@apsu.edu

I'm an undergraduate student, how do I get cleared for registration?
Answer: You must speak to your advisor and obtain advisement. Upon completion of your advisement, your advisor will mark you advised and you will be able to register for courses.

What is concurrent enrollment? How do I also enroll for classes at Fort Campbell?
Students enrolled at both the Clarksville Campus and at Fort Campbell are called Concurrently Enrolled students. To register at Fort Campbell you must see your advisor to be cleared for the Fort Campbell term.

Does APSU offer classes off campus?
In addition to classes at Fort Campbell, the Center for Extended and Distance Education coordinates and schedules off campus offerings in neighboring communities. Sites include Dickson, Springfield, Dover and various schools and businesses in the area. Off campus classes are listed in the Schedule of Classes. For any further information for any off campus offerings, contact Extended Education at 931-221-7816.

How do I drop a class after it has started?
A drop can be processed online through OneStop throughout the term.


How do I get a transcript?
Answer: Click here to view the different options to request transcripts. Current students may request transcripts through their OneStop account.

Can a transcript be ordered over the phone?
Answer: No

Can I fax a request to APSU?
Yes, please print out the transcript request form, fill it out and fax it to (931) 221-6264.

What is the charge to have a transcript faxed?
Answer: Charges: $1.00 for the cover page, $1.00 for each transcript page. Your current address is needed because you will be billed for the fax later date.

Does a fax transcript request need a signature?
Answer: Yes, all transcript requests require a physical signature.

Can a fax be sent overseas?
Answer: No

Can a transcript be mailed overseas?
Answer: Yes

Can an official transcript be emailed?
Yes, official electronic transcripts can be provided for a fee of $2.85. Please click here to proceed with the request.

Can someone else pick up my transcript?
Yes, the student may fill out the transcript request form and in the “Mail To” section, write the name of the person they authorize for the pickup. We will ask that person to show valid ID before providing them with the transcript.

Is it necessary to wait 5 to 7 days business days?
Answer: Requests are processed as soon as possible. Some situations require extra processing time if there are holds on the student’s account.

I attended years ago, can I still have my transcript?
Answer: Yes.

My military spouse is away, can I order a copy of their transcript?
Answer: Yes, if you have Power of Attorney we will need a copy the document and your photo ID or if you have a FERPA on file, we will need to verify your 4 digit code and see a photo ID.


My courses transferred as an elective, can it be substituted for a similar class?
Answer: To substitute the course, go to your department Chair (Major/Minor) or to the Dean for (Core) approval. Carry a course description or syllabus of the course with you.

I am planning on going to another school this summer, but I will be back at APSU in the Fall. How can I make sure that it will transfer back?
Answer: Pickup a Coursework Approval Form in the Ellington 315. Next go to your advisor, get his approval, and then turn the form in to the Office of the Registrar for final approval. A copy of the form will be returned to you and will indicate approval status and course equivalencies.

How do you evaluate military credit? How can I get credit for my military experience?
Answer: We evaluate military credit using the American Council on Education (ACE) guides. You must turn in a DD214 or JST transcript, if you are a veteran. If you are active duty, we need an AARTS transcript, DD295, SMARTS transcript, or certificates. If you are in the National Guard, we need a NGB form 22 or JST transcript.

How do you evaluate my academic credit?
Answer: We evaluate college credit by comparing the course descriptions from your university to our course descriptions. We use CD Rom, microfiche, and internet college catalogs to review the course descriptions of your courses. Course equivalencies or elective credit is granted from regionally accredited institutions.

How do you evaluate foreign transcripts?
APSU accepts foreign transcripts. We recommend that each student utilizes WES (World Education Services) or GLOBAL (Global Education Group) for credential evaluation. If you have used or are considering using another agency, please contact us to ensure that we accept the agency’s credential evaluation at 931-221-7150 or view our site about Foreign Transcript Agencies.