TN Reconnect Grant
What is TN Reconnect?
The TN Reconnect Grant was established as an extension to Drive to 55, the Drive to get 55 percent of Tennesseans equipped with a college degree or certificate by the year 2025. At Austin Peay State University, TN Reconnect can be utilized by eligible Independent, Associate's-seeking students to cover a portion of their tuition and fees.
What does TN Reconnect cover?
Although the TN Reconnect Grant is considered a last dollar award, it does not pay last dollar when utilized at a four-year institution. The grant covers the average state community college costs of tuition and mandatory fees not met by gift aid from the Pell Grant, TELS programs (including the Hope Lottery scholarship, Access Grant, etc.) or TSAA programs.
- If a student’s gift aid amounts exceed the average community college tuition and mandatory fees, the student will not be eligible for a Tennessee Reconnect Grant payment at APSU.
- To estimate your potential Tennessee Reconnect Grant amount, use our Estimated TN Reconnect Calculator.
College Success Program participation
A student participating in the Tennessee Reconnect Grant program shall participate in a College Success Program. This program is completed annually as part of the application process. The annual requirement ensures update of success plan information and connects a student to available institution and Tennessee Reconnect Community resources.
- Cannot have previously earned an associate or baccalaureate degree at any institution.
- Must have a valid FAFSA dependency status of Independent.
- Must be admitted to APSU seeking an Associate’s degree. Students participating in athletics must declare a Bachelor’s degree, per NCAA regulations, and are not eligible for the Tennessee Reconnect Grant.
- Must be enrolled and attending at least part-time (6 credit hours or more).
- 3000 and 4000 level courses may count towards the part-time eligibility requirement if the courses fulfill elective requirements for a student’s Associate degree.
- If a student’s electives are met, 3000 and 4000 level courses do not count towards Reconnect Grant enrollment and are not eligible for payment under the program.
- Not be in default on a federal Title IV educational loan or Tennessee educational loan.
- Must not owe a refund on a federal Title IV student financial aid program or a Tennessee student financial aid program.
- Must not be incarcerated.
- This scholarship may be used for up to five years since initial enrollment as a TN Reconnect student or until completion of an associate degree or certificate, provided continuing eligibility is met.
How to Apply for Reconnect
Must complete the TN Reconnect Grant application through TSAC and be determined eligible for the program. Please refer to TSAC's TN Reconnect application steps. (Note: it is best to apply for Admission as early as possible, as some other scholarships are first-come, first-served.)
- Create a login on the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC) portal
- Once you have created an account, Select “Apply for Scholarships” on the TSAC portal, and then choose “Tennessee Reconnect.”
- Fill out the application and submit it.
- Your personalized Reconnect Success Plan will be generated. Make sure you review it and print it out or save it to your computer.
ATTENTION: Mobile devices and Macs are not fully supported. To create an account and/or submit an online application, use a laptop or desktop computer with Internet Explorer (Version 6 minimum).