Spanish Tutoring Program
Dr. Ruiz will be providing free support for those enrolled in spanish courses at APSU. Tutoring sessions in the Fall 2021 semester will be hosted every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9 am until 10 am at the Latino Community Resource Center (MUC 115). No appointment is necessary!
Latino Community Resource Center Library Collection
You may check resources in and out of our resource library. We have an assortment of books, CDs, and DVDs. As long as you have an APSU student ID, you are welcome to check-out these resources for up to three weeks at a time. If you would like to borrow an item for more than three weeks, bring the item back and your student ID back to the LCRC and renew it for another three weeks. There is an unlimited amount of times that you may renew a resource. Check out is limited to three resources at a time.
Any resource that is lost, stolen, or not returned in its original condition will result in a hold on your APSU account until you have paid a charge to replace the item. As long as there is a hold on your account, you will be unable to check out other items. The LCRC has the right to indefinitely suspend your borrowing rights due to your borrowing history.
Learn Spanish through Play
Spanish Phrases Flash Cards: 1000 cards covers glossary of essential words, travel, entertainment/sports, food/restaurant, clothes/shopping, money/bank, school/workplace, people/family, habitat, health/body, directions, weather/seasons, calendar, time, colors, exclamations, negatives, questions, and basics/greetings.
- Spanish Vocabulary Flash Cards: 1000 cards covers adjectives, adverbs, verbs, questions, body/health, food/restaurant/drink, sports/entertainment, studies/workplace, family/titles, habitat, weather, time, directions, travel, greetings, bank, clothes, and numbers.
- Scrabble: English and Spanish version
- Verb It: Players race to collect 1,000 pesos. The game covers presente tense, imperfect subjunctive, and Latin American culture and geography.
- Loteria (original edition)
- Spanish Cultural Trivia
- Cognate Frenzy: This game can help with vocabulary reinforcement and recognition for upper-level Spanish students. First year Spanish students will recognize basic vocabulary and pop culture items. There are vocabulary lists with translations on all cards for any words you may not know.
- Cuéntame Tell Me Spanish Conversation Starter: Draw a question card and begin a conversation. Includes 286 question cards.