APSU 1000 Course Content
- The APSU 1000 course generally covers the following concepts:
- Keys to Success:a PowerPoint presentation that discusses the following information: how to develop habits of success, build a community, stay up to date on campus happenings, use the resources available to them and get involved on campus
- Smarter Measure: an online assessment that assists students in understanding their readiness for learning in a technology-rich environment. It helps students identify strengths and opportunities for improvement in seven areas – life factors, individual attributes, learning styles, reading skills, technical knowledge, technical competency and typing skills.
- Sexual Assault: online education will empower students to make well-informed decisions about issues that affect them during their years at Austin Peay State University and beyond.
- Library Skills: a video presentation (the transcript is also included) that addresses the basics of the library to include the following
- Plagiarism: a video presentation (with transcript) plagiarism is defined and students are reminded of what they must cite. Examples of common ways students plagiarize are given along with the definition of plagiarism.
- Health and Counseling Services: a PowerPoint presentation that details the services offered by the Health and Counseling center.
- Diversity and Inclusion: a diversity and inclusion voice over PowerPoint (with transcript) that demonstrates an understanding of the relationship between diversity and inclusion and considers perspectives of diverse groups when making decisions.
- Basics of Academic Succes: a PowerPoint presentation that addresses everything students should know regarding academic requirements and classification.
- Career Exploration: a PowerPoint presentation that addresses the following: the difference between a job and a career and a four-year plan created by Career Services which recommends strategies for gaining the necessary experience or skills for your career
- Financial Aid and Literacy: a PowerPoint with transcript that gives detailed information regarding FASFA and other important aspects of Financial Aid, such as scholarships and potential consequences or dangers that could come with dropping classes.
- Research: a section that covers the important infomation regarding college-level research.
Individual instructors may add or remove topics from this list.