How to Apply for VA Education Benefits for Current Students
Once you register for classes, complete the Certification Request Form. (Enrollment Certification Process)
Submit a copy of your most current VA education award letter to APSU Office of Veterans Education Benefits at least once each academic year.
For VA assistance confirming your registration, please see: VA Fee Deferment
Changing Your Program of Study (Major/Concentration)
- You may want to consult one of the APSU Office of Veterans Education Benefits to determine if the change of major will have a negative impact on your current enrollment certification.
- When changing your major with APSU, this does not change your program with VA. You
must also complete one of the following:
- Veteran Readiness & Employment (VR&E) students must meet with their counselor in order to have changes in your major VA approved. Your counselor will then submit a new VA VR&E authorization to the school regarding the change.
- If you are using Chapters 30, 32, 33, TOE, or 1606; then you will need to complete the VA form 22-1995 with our office.
- If you are using Chapter 35 or Fry Scholarship, then you will need to complete the VA form 22-5495 with our office.