APSU Student at Secondary School
You are earning your degree at APSU and would like to take courses as a guest student at another school (secondary). In order to utilize your VA education benefits at this secondary school, please follow the checklist below:
- You must be in good academic standing at APSU.
- Complete the Coursework Approval Form with your academic advisor or department chair.
- Upon submission of the Coursework Approval Form to the Office of the Registrar, you must request a final copy of this form be forwarded to the Office of Veterans Education Benefits.
- You will need to provide detailed information of the secondary school to the Office
of Veterans Education Benefits, including:
- Name, Address, and Point of Contact for Secondary School.
- For students under the VA Veteran Readiness & Employment (VR&E) program: your counselor must authorize your enrollment as a guest student by submitting the VR&E authorization to the secondary school.
- After review of the approved Coursework Approval Form, our office will submit a parent approval letter to the secondary school. The letter will include your name, VA education benefit information, enrollment term, and approved courses.
- Upon completion of the term, you will need to request an official transcript to be sent to APSU. You will also need to submit a copy of your grades to our office.
- Apply for admissions as a guest student at the secondary school
- Contact the VA school certifying official at the secondary school regarding their policies and procedures on enrollment certification, confirmation of registration, and payment