Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (DEA), Chapter 35
- Complete the VA form 22-5490 (black ink only). Submit the application to the APSU Veterans Education Benefits Office OR complete the VA online application. The VA website does not allow you to print the completed application You will need to print out the application confirmation page and submit a copy to
the APSU Veterans Education Benefits Office. You will also need to complete the VA form 22-5495 with our office to declare your
program of study and school.
- Supporting Documents
- Birth certificate or marriage license.
- DD214 of the Veteran, DoD Causality of Death, or copy of the disability compensation letter.
- Upon receipt of your Certificate of Eligibility from the U.S. Department of Veterans
Affairs, provide a copy to the APSU Veterans Education Benefits Office
- Complete the APSU Office of Veterans Education Benefits’ Online Orientation. (Subsequent academic years APSU VA’s Student Responsibilities through your APOneStop)
- Must complete the Certification Request Form (CRF) once registered. (After your initial CRF you will be able to complete the CRF online. Enrollment Certification Process)
- Return all documents to:
- Clarksville Campus – Ellington Building Room 202, or
- Ft Campbell – Education Center, Room 140