VA Fee Deferment
Step-By-Step Fee Deferment Instructions
To check the availability of the online deferment dates, you will need to check our important dates.
Log into AP OneStop.
**IMPORTANT NOTE** Do not use the back button in your internet browser. This will cancel your VA fee deferment request option.
- Select the “Web Self Service” tab.
- Select the “Financial Aid and Veterans Affairs” tab.
- Select the "VA Fee Deferment" request link
- Select the term for which you would like to request the VA fee deferment
- Choose Continue
- Ensure that you are selecting the correct term and choose Continue
For each term that you would like a VA fee deferment, you will need to request a separate VA Fee Deferment
- Fee Deferment Authorization
I authorize Austin Peay State University to temporarily defer my tuition and fees
for the term specified. Books and supplies will not be included in this deferment.
I hereby acknowledge that I am the responsible party for payment of my tuition and fees, regardless of receipt of my VA education benefits. I understand that my grades and transcripts will be withheld, registration for any future terms will not be allowed and approval of future VA fee deferments will be denied until this deferment is paid in full. I further understand that if I drop classes or withdraw from the University, I will be subject to the normal refund policies as published by the University, and that any amount owed according to those policies must be paid by me. Should the balance remain unpaid for more than 90 days following the end of the authorized term, my account will be referred to a collection agency, and I will assume any additional charges associated with this action
I do not authorize a fee deferment and will be responsible for full payment of all charges.
*NOTE: If you select Option Two, then you will not receive a VA fee deferment and you will have to set up payment arrangements with Student Account Services in order to confirm your registration.
- Click on “Continue” after reading and agreeing to the fee deferment option of your choice.
- You will see a confirmation of your submission on the screen.
- If your VA education benefits will not cover the full amount of your tuition and fees (not housing or meal plan), then you may only qualify for a partial VA fee deferment and will have to set up a payment plan for the difference with Student Account Services.