VA Work Study Program
Individuals eligible for participation in the VA work study program are paid the federal minimum hourly wage for work completed in authorized VA-related activities. This is a part-time position while students are attending classes, with extensions available to work through summer and winter terms.
The applicant must
- Receive VA education benefits as authorized under Title 38 or Title 10.
- Attend school and be certified to VA at a rate of pursuit of 3/4 time or more for the terms you are working.
- Maintain a GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Complete the VA form 20-8691 (application for work-study allowance).
- Be selected for the program by one of the VA approved work sites.
- Additional VA forms and documents may be required.
VA approved work sites
- VA regional offices
- VA hospitals, medical centers, and outpatient clinics
- VA cemeteries
- Veterans' Centers
- APSU Office of Veterans Education Benefits (VEBO)