Save Our Students (S.O.S.) Food Pantry
Hours of Operation: Summer Hours Tuesdays & Fridays: 9 AM - 4 PM
Students may use the food pantry once a week if needed
The S.O.S. Food Pantry supports Austin Peay State University's students through troubling times by helping fight hunger. The campus community supports and supplies the food pantry through donations. Students who find themselves in need can stop by 322 Home Avenue (the Center for Service-Learning & Community Engagement) during hours of operation. Students will need their APSU student identification card to receive food.
S.O.S. Mission Statement
The mission of the S.O.S. Food Pantry is to assist and provide supplemental food to those in need at Austin Peay State University. We are here to support who have been impacted by financial problems as a result of unemployment (lay-offs and downsizing), divorce, disability, health, domestic violence, homelessness, disaster, and/or rising cost of living. We gather, store, and distribute goods to those who find themselves in time of special need and crisis. Our mission is based on a compassionate hand out and hand up as we respect the dignity of each person we serve.
*IMPORTANT* PLEASE SELECT A PICKUP TIME AT LEAST ONE HOUR AFTER FORM SUBMISSION.
- Volunteer shifts: Tuesday-Friday, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Tasks include: filling online pantry orders, organizing/cleaning pantry and thrift store, feeding chickens, watering/weeding garden beds, harvesting fruits and vegtables
- Must wear mask when delivering orders to pantry users
- Please wear appropriate attire if gardening (gloves and tools will be provided)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns